A note from our director:
I’ve seen a lot of fantastic resources pop up all over the internet that we can do at home with our kids. Some are spiritual, some educational, and lots for fun! As a dad of three, I know how hard it can be to keep track of them all. With some help from others (thanks Pastor Meighan – my church’s children’s pastor) here are some of the ones I’ve found to be worth looking into. I’ve tried to make sure the ones I’ve chosen are free (or at least get a free trial) and easily accessible.
If there’s a site that you’d recommend for this page please send it to me at firstname.lastname@example.org and I’ll be glad to look into it! For now, enjoy these in 3 categories:
1. Adventure Bible: https://www.adventurebible.com/
Kids can engage in the Bible with “Adventure Bible” on this interactive website.
2. Adventures in Odyssey: https://www.oaclub.org/
Get a free 4 week trial to hear great audio theatre kids can relate to and learn from.
3. CEF "Do You Wonder Why?" Booklet and Resources: https://www.cefonline.com/about/our-curriculum/dyww/
Get a free digital booklet and video designed by CEF to help kids understand questions such as:
· Why do so many bad things happen in the world?
· Why did God allow this to happen?
· How can I get through this terrible time?
4. CEF: Stuck at Home Devotional: www.cefonline.com/devos/
This set of 30 Stuck at Home Devotionals is designed to help kids deal with challenges they may be facing during this difficult time around the world. These devotionals will come to your email.
5. CEF: Tel-A-Story 1-888-878-8660
A toll-free number kids can call to hear a story with a Bible lesson. Approximately two minutes long and a new story every day.
6. CEF Wondersruf: https://www.wondersurf.com/ (Available in French too!)
An interactive website for kids designed by CEF. Many fun and interactive activities while learning more about the Bible
7. CEF Unite Kids: https://www.youtube.com/unitekids
A collection of songs, Bible stories, and missionary stories for kids produced by CEF
8. CEF: Chasseurs de trésors https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLyhSB9Mx8cWzBFntCg4yqym0_0YdG2Wq6 Resource in French: CEF Quebec is taking the kids on a treasure hunt! But we’re not searching for just any treasure. We'll be searching for the treasures found in God’s Word! New episodes uploaded every day through Easter, 2020.
9. Lamplighter Theatre: https://lamplighter.net/c/
Excellent audio theatre, some are free, others you can purchase (now with a 50% discount with code LTC50).
10. Paws and Tales: https://pawsandtales.org/
Kids’ audio theatre from Chuck Swindoll’s ministry Insight for living.
11. RightNowMedia: www.rightnow.org
A huge selection of Christian videos for people from all walks of life. From cartoons for kids to leadership talks for pastors there’s something for everyone.
*if you don’t have an account already, contact us to find out how to get one FREE
12. The Skitguys: https://skitguys.com/sgtv/show/bedtime-bible-stories-with-the-skit-guys
The skitguys are Tommy and Eddie share bedtime stories to make you laugh and point you to Jesus
13. Superbook: https://us-en.superbook.cbn.com/
An assortment of videos, games, radio and activities for kids
14. CEF Homeschool Resources: https://bit.ly/2xhOISv
14. Revelation Media: The Pilgrim's Progress https://www.revelationmedia.com/watchpilgrims/?_thankyou=Y
Watch the classic, Pilgrim’s Progress, for FREE on this site with other Christian films to come.
15. List of the 8 Best Bible Storybooks and Devotions from our blog
1. Virtual Field Trip https://www.theunlikelyhomeschool.com/search/label/Sneaky%20Learning
Links to over 50 virtual field trips around the world to learn about famous places such as the Smithsonian Museum of Natural History, Grand Canyon National Park, The Great Wall of China, Buckingham Palace and more!
2. Farms https://www.farmfood360.ca/
Learn about different types of farms and how they work.
3. Funbrain: https://www.funbrain.com/
A variety of fun and education games for kids to play
4. National Geographic for Kids: https://kids.nationalgeographic.com/
A fun way for kids to learn about animals and nature from the world-renown National Geographic
5. PBS Kids: https://pbskids.org/
Education activities for kids to play online.
*video access is not available to Canadians
A great website to help kids of all ages learn in fun and engaging ways
7. YMCA https://www.thisisy.ca/body/
Exercises to stay physically active while at home
8. Unite for Literacy https://www.uniteforliteracy.com/
A great source for reading for kids. In particular, there is a book for kids on COVID-19.
1. Dr Seus: https://www.seussville.com/
Videos and games to play from everyone’s favourite Dr. Seuss
2. Story Time in Space: https://storytimefromspace.com/
Videos of astronauts reading stories from space!
3. 12 Quarantine Activities for Kids: https://kidsenjoyingjesus.com/12-quarantine-activities-for-kids/
Here’s a great site for some easy and fun activities you can do with your kids at home!